ISO 50001 Standard in Muscat, Oman
What is ISO 50001 Certification?
ISO 50001 certification provides a framework for implementing the Energy Management System (EnMS) in your organization. It lays out the best practices for the organization to improve their energy efficiency. Implementing ISO 50001 standard is a great return on investments as it helps in saving enormous costs pertaining to the legal liabilities or insurance premiums. This standard helps in the establishment of systems and processes that are necessary for the improvement of energy performance, its use, and consumption.
What industries implement ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 standard can be applied to organizations of any size, sector or location. It follows the similar High-Level Structure (HLS) as other standards such as ISO 9001 for QMS, ISO 14001 for EMS, and ISO 45001 for OHSMS. Thus, it becomes easier to integrate the EnMS with your existing management systems.
How is ISO 50001 Energy Management System Implemented?
For the implementation of ISO 50001 standard, an organization should follow the following steps before applying for the certification:
- Communicate bout the key requirements and goals to the employees and management.
- Impart training and education to the concerned staff.
- Analyze the gap areas and design a plan for their improvement.
- Assign roles and responsibilities to project managers and team members.
- Design and document the EnMS.
- Implement the standards of ISO 50001 for your EnMS.
- Perform an internal audit.
Schedule ISO 50001 audit From the external certification body of your choice.
What Type of Organizations Are Adopting ISO 50001?
Those organizations that are aiming for a better management of their energy usage and reduced expenses from energy consumption, must apply the standards of ISO 50001 for their EnMS. ISO 50001 is particularly useful for the companies that consume significant amount of energy. Those organizations that already have ISO 14001 EMS in their organization, can easily build and execute ISO 50001 standard for their EnMS.
What Are the Advantages of ISO 50001 Certification?
ISO 50001 has a huge scope in terms of its applicability, as it can be applied to organizations irrespective of their size, location, or sector of operation. The most important feature of ISO 50001 is the fact that it is internationally recognized as well as applicable.
By adopting ISO 50001, an organization can increase its energy efficiency and optimize the usage of resources in their processes. Thus, it helps the organization in working towards valuable goals. The organization can reduce its impact on the environment by reducing CO2 emissions, rightful allocation of raw materials and natural resources, and other factors that significantly leave footprints on the environment.
The number of organizations that are already certified with ISO 50001 are on rise, as there has been an increased awareness towards the environmental issues as well as towards the benefits incurred from the certification. ISO 50001 certification acts as a proof of organization’s commitment towards better interaction with the environment. This helps a great deal in boosting the image of your organization, thereby opening up huge opportunities for your business.
From achieving ecological goals to saving huge amounts of money on raw materials and energy, an effective energy management system acts as your best friend in achieving them. These savings often translate into profits for your organization, which in turn helps in business expansion. In addition to that, it makes you the most favored choice by your suppliers as procurement specifications often require certification as a necessary condition for supply.
ISO 50001 Training
Enroll yourself on our training courses and gain the confidence to assess your knowledge and competency against the Energy Management Systems- ISO 50001 international standards. This will enable you to plan an audit and conduct it in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021, where required). This training is relevant for anyone who is interested in conducting first-party, second-party or third-party audits. It is also relevant for those who are planning, implementing, supervising or auditing ISO 50001 EnMS.
What are the prerequisites for the training?
It is very important for the interested candidates to have a basic idea of the following management principles before enrolling themselves in ISO 50001 management training courses:
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle.
- The relationship between quality management and customer’s satisfaction.
- Common jargons of the Energy management principles.
- Model of the process-based Energy Management system and structure of ISO 50001.
1. Internal Auditor Training
Internal auditor course is designed to train the candidate on the required standard.
The training includes a class room session, which normally of two days, and includes:
- A group exercise, and
- Some practical illustrations
How is the training helpful?
- It helps the candidate to understand the need of the standard and perform the audits in a systematic manner.
- It helps the candidate to perform the internal audits and manage the audit plan in accordance with the relevant certification.
The structure of the course:
- Introduction to the relevant standard.
- Introduction to audits, definition and types of audits.
- The planning and preparation for internal audit
- Individual and group exercises
- Taking the internal auditor test.
What will you gain?
At the end of the training the candidate shall get the training certificate which will be internationally acceptable.
2. Lead Auditor Training
What is the training about?
- This training includes in-depth knowledge of the relevant standards.
- Lead auditing can be performed on the concerned organization as well as the certification body.
How is the training helpful?
- Lead auditor training helps the candidate to gain knowledge and skills to perform the audits as per the relevant standard.
- It also helps the candidate to enhance their practical knowledge of auditing skills and become internationally recognized auditor.
Structure of the training:
- Lead auditor registration scheme
- Structure & Overview of the ISO Standard
- Audit definition/types/principles
- Audit Planning & preparation
- Audit Tools & Techniques
- Audit Performance
- Recording & Reporting Non Conformities
- Audit report preparation
- Corrective Action & audit follow-up
- Surveillance audits
- Continuous Assessment exercises & feedback,
- Syndicate & role play exercises & feedback
- Written Examination
At the end of the training the candidate shall get the training certificate which will be internationally traceable.
3. Awareness Training
What is it about?
- Awareness training on any ISO Standard helps the candidate to understand the basic requirements of the standard.
- It helps the candidate to choose the right direction to implement the standard in his organization.
- It also helps him to choose the right certification body or industry to move in his career or get his organization certified.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Kingsmen Consulting Services helps the candidate to understand more than what is there in the standard.
- We also help the candidate to choose the right path for his career and for his organization.
The candidate gets to know the importance of the standard in day-to-day life during his period of employment in the organization or while deciding to choose his career. It helps in remaining competitive in several areas, including the process improvements and operational efficiency.
The course consists of:
- The basic knowledge of the requirements of the standard.
- Interactive exercises to enhance instructional delivery
At the end of the training, the candidate shall get the training certificate which will be internationally acceptable.